Monday, January 30, 2012

Dark before the dawn

Today, feels like the dark before the dawn.  I love the lyrics to "shake it out" by florence and the machines...

And I've been fool and I've been blind
  I can never leave the past behind  
I can see no way, I can see no way  
I'm always dragging that horse around
All of his questions, such a mournful sound
Tonight I'm gonna bury that horse in the ground
'Cause I like to keep my issues drawn  
It's always darkest before the dawn

Shake it out
Shake it out
It's hard to dance with the Devil on your back
So, shake him off...


I eagerly await the dawn of tomorrow...but before then, I'll trust my Great Shepard to walk through this valley with Me, James and Jack...


A great co-worker and her chruch made a "Prayer quilt" for Jack...here are some pictures.  I also wrote jack a little letter in his "Birthday Book" (A book I started when he was born for james and I to write him a letter on his birthday instead of a card ...)  I also made an impression of his footprints in plaster.  It turned out better than I had expected!  


Thank you for walking through this journey with us!









Add caption







4 comments:

  1. Oh Melissa...I'm crying and praying. God will be glorified and you will know Him in much deeper ways as you hold on to Him through this. Jack is so blessed to have such loving and thoughtful mommy. Miss seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are wonderful parents for journeying through this with Jack and staying so positive. We will be thinking of you. Good luck and remember to just keep stepping. ~ Lindsay

    "To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping” (Chinese Proverb).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your letter is a beautiful idea, we also did the footprint cast before our son's surgery 5 years ago. He has left leg FH and right club foot, just the opposite of your son. I've never found anyone else who also had the club foot, I thought that was so bizarre to have both. Prayers for today's surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you and Jack! He's so blessed to have such wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete