Monday, August 9, 2010

Not so random

I was on-call from work.  It was a wonderful Sunday for some much needed time for James and I to be together for more than a few hours with Jack.  We decided to go to Bed bath and beyond to look at some new bedding and get inspiration for the new furniture we bought for our bedroom (finally!). We were aimlessly walking around, James pushing jack in the stroller and I was looking at 400 thread count sheets. And then, it seemed out of no-where,  a woman in her 60's appeared.  She had an arm just like Jack.  I could not help myself, but to approach her.  (James said i literally leaped to her!).  "You don't know me, but I could not help but notice your arm!  Our son has an arm similar to yours!" She smiled as i led her over to the stroller to see Jack.  Then began our short but meaningful conversation. She proceeded to tell us how she was able to do most everything through her life.  She has worked at the same company for 20+ years here in Charleston, married, has 3 children, has learned to do everything with her other hand.  "Sometimes it is a little annoying, because I can't bend my arm (like Jack) but that has not stopped me!"  She re-enforced our perspective, saying Jack will be able to do anything he puts his mind to.  "People will be cruel and kids may make comments, but that is with anyone."  I know the feeling, as I was made fun of growing up for having red hair and freckles, wearing glasses, wearing braces and the list goes on...and I ache to know Jack will be pre-disposed to such comments.   Yet, she was like the light at the end of the tunnel.  She shed a ray of hope on James and I.  She said "When I found the Lord, I knew my life was made for a purpose, and sometimes we never know what that may be"    I thought to myself, this is part of your purpose...to be HERE in the middle of this random place in a random time, to encourage us, to inspire us!  Again, God has reviled to James and I how beautiful his plan is...

No comments:

Post a Comment